Science Technology Engineering and Math in the 21st Century
What we all need to know about the future of STEM and how we can better prepare our children for their future professional life endeavors.
- Next Generation Science Standards – A must see and use to update our old way of thinking about and doing Science.
- Google’s Cromputational Thinking Lessons in Math and Science a great resource for finding lessons in Math and Science
- Scitable – a great resource for Science Education Topics
- Computer Science Ed. Week Resources Galore
- STEM Collaborative – a wonderful resource for STEM topics
- PCS Edventures – a great site for STEM content and events for kids
- CSTA – Computer Science Teachers Association
- Girls In Science and Engineering
- STEM Learning Wiki
- STEM Education Coalition
- STEM UP
- SETDA – 2020 Schools – What we need to rethink about our future
- NCWIT – National Center for Women in IT
- ETAN – Educational Technology Action Network – a wonderful resource for Ed. Tech. Advocacy and Action
- Where America Stands Report
- Defined STEM – for fee service, but A+++
Skills that students need for success in the 21st Century
Critical Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Skills are imperative to students today.
Big Thinkers: Linda Darling-Hammond on Becoming Internationally Competitive
Stanford University professor and noted researcher Linda Darling-Hammond discusses what the United States can learn from high-achieving countries on teaching, learning, and assessment — from Finland to Singapore.