Tools by Topic
Assessment and Evaluation
Online assessment is optimal for a more paperless classroom environment. Students enjoy the chance for interactive online assessments. There are sites that allow you to make review flashcards and asses student learning. Sites where you can make and download rubrics are also available. These can then be linked or embedded.
- Myt4L– Rubric Maker
- Mystudio – create interactive online assessments and analyze the data
- Teach-nology– For rubrics, but you can create a ton of resources here.
- ThatQuiz – online classroom and quiz generator
- ProProfs – create and share online exams and flash cards, provides instant feedback
- Hot Potatoes – can be uploaded to Moodle
- QuizEgg – create free online quizzes
- Clarkson’s Museum Box – Digital ePortfolios – create an interactive eportfolio with this tool!!
- Qedoc– download and install interactive quiz player game and quiz maker software
- Discovery – TeacherTools http://school.discoveryeducation.com/quizcenter/quizcenter.html
- 4Teachers – http://quizstar.4teachers.org free 60 day trial
- Knowtes – create interactive note cards for practice and review
- cueFlash– create interactive embeddable flash cards to help you study and learn.
- Quizlet – simple flash cards and quizzes
- FlashcardDB– create interactive online flash cards in an instant
- Flashcard Friends – create online flashcards within this community of thinkers and learners
- A.nnotate– publish files and annotate them online, provide feedback to your students.
- Bookgoo– upload files annotate, share and collaborate. Great for group projects.
- Engrade FREE ONLINE GRADEBOOK
- Texas Student Assessments– online interactive assessments in reading, writing and math
- Quizlab – online interactive assessments and quizes to test mastery
- Zoho Challenge – create and conduct online tests
- Engrade – free online grade book and assignment builder for teachers and students
- Rubric Generators – Tech4learning , irubric, Discovery, myteachertools, rubrican, rubistar, rubric4teachers
- BrainPop – learn and assess in a fun interactive environment.
Some of my favorite tools for blogs in the classroom. Create a classroom blog so that students can share and discuss topics in and outside of class. Believe it or not, kids will actually visit back often to see who is reading and responding. Reluctant classroom participants usually love this outlet to share ideas and new concepts. I actually heard one of my teachers say that her non-writers posted more than anyone on her reading blog. Sample Blogs – Academic Examples
- WordPress– Easy to set up and monitor the comments on your blog. One of the best out there.
- CoveritLive– Live Blogging embed in a web page
- Blogger– Blogger, another easy way to create your classroom blog. Allows for moderation as well.
- ePals– Free school or classroom blogs. A great way to start an entire school with blogs that they can monitor in one location.
- Blogcheese– this is one of my favorites since it allows you to add video clips and text. It’s a must see and try!! Kids love it.
- And if these aren’t good enough for you, try this list of 40 Blog Hosts.
Charts and Spreadsheets
Creating charts in many classes can be a chore and if you don’t have Excel or know how to design a simple chart these tools can help you!
See what you think.
- Google Sheets share and collaborate
- Swivel – Data sets, graphs, charts, etc. All can be embedded and manipulated.
- Zoho – share and collaborate
- ChartGizmo– create charts to share and embed on your sites
Collaboration experiences assist with opening up the lines of communication for students, teachers, parents and communities. Students love to share with each other and others from outside of the class. They thrive on sharing their expertise and knowledge to people who are interested. Try using these tools when students are expected to work in groups and communicate to complete group projects. They will thank you for the experience. The great thing is that kids will have the 24/7 access to their work. They will not need to be sitting at a specific computer or network since all of these sites offer storage and interactivity.